Sunday 25 March 2012

Moroccan Lamb Tagine

I got this Moroccan tagine as a wedding present from my cousin. What a great pressie as I had always wanted one but was never really set on buying one myself. So I made this lamb tagine a few weeks ago. Couldn't find the right recipe so I merged a few together. Here it is if anyone wants to make it.



Let's call it, Bianca's Tasty Lamb Tagine!

1 large onion
lamb shoulder chunks 500gms (I couldn't find any so I just used lamb chops which makes for faster cooking anyway)
2 medium carrots
2 medium tomatoes
juice of 1 lemon and 2 strips of the rind
2 tspns cummin
2 tspns tumeric
1 1/2 tblspns of paprika
small pinch of saffron threads (mix with warm water first, then pour in)
2 red chillies
lamb stock enough to cover meat (about 2 cups, I just used beef stock)
green olives
- brown meat first, set aside
- fry the spices
- add onion, carrots, tomato, salt pepper, lemon & rind
- put back meat
- cover with stock, add the saffron threads and water
- bring to boil then turn down to a simmer until meat is soft (about an hour and half)

Serve with rice, cous cous or chickpeas, anything you like really.

If you don't have a tagine you can just use a heavy casserole pot.
 

1 comment:

  1. hey B! stoked you used the tagine already! hope it was as delicious as it looks! i love to serve with sweet couscous, yogurt and fresh parsley.... looking forward to more recipes!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...