Sunday 6 May 2012

What and who I loved from Fashion Week - Day 1

-->From what I’ve read and heard, this years’ fashion week was a definite success and after 5 days and over 50 shows later I am way impressed with the Aussie talent.  

Bloggers and online buyers outnumbered the traditional store buyer.  Bloggers from around the world were invited to the shows and buyers from my fave online stores Shopbop and Net-a-Porter where here for the first time too.  Maybe one day I could be one of those front row bloggers :)

Anyway these are my highlights by day.  I just couldn’t bring the whole week into one post of all my faves.  I’m struggling to keep down the loves for each designer as it is! 

Day 1: 

- Romance was Born was the offical event opener.  It took on a comic character look with pop colurs and cut out words of "RWB" and "BLAM" carried by the models.  They partnered with Marvel Comics to create their famous photo prints and it worked fantastically to create a colourful and imaginative collection.

This photo courtesy of 4th and Bleeker




vogue.com.au - Fab shift dress.
vogue.com.au - Love this jacket and skirt.
    

-          Gary Bigeni put on another colour injected collection.  I loved the neutral colours with not overly bright colours.  A move on from the primary coloured blocking trend.  It was a youthful  yet mature collection.  I loved the following looks.


vogue.com.au - Tomboy pretty.

 
vogue.com.au - Love this look.


-          Manning Cartell showed looks that were bold in silhouette, colour and texture but had some really great engineered and floral and botanical prints. I loved the navy metallic and leather jacket with the cute floral shorts and the boy fit pants, slim at the bottom with horizontal stripes.
vogue.com.au - Want this jacket!
vogue.com.au - Want these pants.


-          Ginger and Smart continued the orange and pink colour combo well and mixed it up with some really cool colourful digital prints.  I loved the pastel apple mint outfit with shoulder ruffle emphasis.  The modern, chic and effortless aesthetic coming from these two sisters is something that I can see myself buying into if I had lots of money to spend!
vogue.com.au - Love this look!

vogue.com.au - Want all this now!
vogue.com.au




-          Ksubi the cult label showed a masculine, urban almost futuristic collection.  The highlight for me was the printed palm tree denim skinny jeans and Bambi looking hot as usual!
vogue.com.au - Want these jeans.
vogue.com.au

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...